About OpenAI GPT-3 C#/.NET SDK
The OpenAI GPT-3 C#/.NET SDK, hosted on GitHub by OkGoDoIt, is an unofficial C#/.NET wrapper library designed to facilitate access to the OpenAI GPT-3 API. This library is not affiliated with OpenAI and is not officially endorsed or supported by them. It provides a range of features that allow developers to integrate and utilize the capabilities of GPT-3 within their C#/.NET applications.
Features of OpenAI GPT-3 C#/.NET SDK
- Quick Example: The SDK provides a quick example to demonstrate how to use the API. By initializing the API with your key, you can easily get completions.
- Authentication: There are multiple ways to authenticate, including passing keys directly, setting environment variables, or using a local config file.
- ChatGPT API: The Chat API allows users to interact with ChatGPT by adding messages and receiving replies. It supports both simple conversations and full Request/Response methods.
- Completions API: This feature allows users to get completions for given prompts.
- Embeddings API: Users can create embeddings for given texts.
- Moderation API: This feature helps in moderating content.
- Files API: Useful for fine-tuning, this API endpoint allows users to upload files, list them, and perform other related operations.
- Image APIs (DALL-E): The SDK provides access to the DALL-E Image Generation API, allowing users to generate images based on textual descriptions.
- Azure Integration: The SDK offers support for the Azure OpenAI Service, allowing users to specify their Azure OpenAI resource and model deployment id.
- IHttpClientFactory Support: While the library doesn’t fully support dependency injection, it allows users to specify an IHttpClientFactory for HTTP requests.
- Streaming: Both the Chat and Completions APIs support streaming, allowing results to be received as they are generated. This can enhance the responsiveness of applications, especially when working with slower models.
- Documentation: Every class, method, and property within the SDK comes with extensive XML documentation, making it easier for developers to understand and use the library.
- License: The library is licensed under CC-0, placing it in the public domain. This means developers can use it freely without worrying about licensing issues. However, access to the OpenAI API still requires direct authorization from OpenAI.